Monday, May 19, 2008

Prom!

Prom was last Saturday, and it was awesome to say the least.

I got ready and headed off for all the grandparents' houses to let them see me in my tux at around 2. Mum's mum was really excited and did something really out of character. She gave Dad a kiss on the cheek. That was definitely something that made the day great, not to mention all the stuff to come. Dad's dad thought I looked nice, and his mum started crying. Kinda sad, but I know it was tears of joy. Even if she did keep bawling long after we left...

At that point, it was about time for us to get Ann. Or so we thought... Get there and it turned out she had thought she was just going over to David's (the meeting place) and then Dad would be chaperoning. That wasn't what I had thought, but whatever. I handed over the corsage to her mother and we wandered around while Ann got ready.

Breathtaking. Probably the only word I could use to describe her. Even though it wasn't a dress, it was close enough. She was extremely beautiful. I strapped the corsage on her wrist and she pinned the boutonnière on my lapel. It was one of those moments, y'know?

We all met at David's, took a little while longer to wait on David's date, Paige, and then headed for the River Rat. The food was great, I had a filet mignon (FI-LAY MIN-YON Happy with my pronunciation now???) and Ann had a cheeseburger. Told her to get a steak (she wanted one, I could tell), but she didn't. And while eating the appetizer of chicken, an incident, that to protect the victim the details shall remain secret, happened. But enough of events that I swore not to speak of again.

We arrived at prom a little late, but they still let us in. The music was really nothing but rap, and since Ann wasn't too keen on dancing, we didn't. Say what you want, but dancing isn't all that prom is about. Its a night to spend with the one you love and any friends who are too annoyed by your happiness to bug you to dance. We had pictures taken, and while we haven't gotten them back yet, I'm sure they turned out great.

The after party was even better than the actual prom. It had good music, popcorn, and Ann and I actually danced there. Would have been longer if Kati hadn't been changing the good music to that country crap. Ruined the moment, but whatever.

The pictures taken with Dad's evil camera may be found here.

2 comments:

Desert said...

I am sexy no matter how I dress, aren't I? -smirk-
You looked very handsome yourself. ^_^

Okay, the piece of chicken fell down the front of my psuedo-dress because my seester has bigger boobs, so sue me! I can't help that the thing was too big around the chest! Kati just /had/ to blurt out, "Chicken just fell down Ann's dress, guys!" -scowl-

And even though prom was originally a formal-esque dance, I have neither the skill, inclination, or near-deaf-ness required to dance to that shit they were playing. So there. I have /some/ shame, you know.

Blaze said...

You are sexy, but the dress thing just made you even more so.

Hey, I wasn't gonna say a single thing about the chicken! And yeah, Kati has obviously never heard that loose lips sink ships.

To be perfectly honest, I don't dance. David and the rest can say what they want, but I was just happy to spend time with you. It was fun, and I enjoyed it. The short dance we had at the afterparty was good though. We sway quite well together, haha.